Attention students: for those of you who volunteered to do the pep band this Saturday at montevallo, we have rehearsal tomorrow, February 27th from 3:30-5pm at the high school. You will receive a information sheet at rehearsal about this Saturday.
1. On Tuesday, February 26th, meet in the band room at 7:30am to begin loading the bus with instruments. Instruments will either be held or put in the back of the bus. Buses will pull out at 7:45am to head to Homewood High School. Our performance time is at 9:35am.
2. You must wear ALL BLACK (black dress shirt, black pants/dress, black dress socks, and black dress shoes. This also means your outfit has to be solid black, not black with a design on it or any other color. You must be in dress code (nothing too short, revealing, etc. Remember, you will be sitting down on stage.) Failure to have your solid black outfit will result in point deduction to your grade.
3. We will be back at Calera HS by 11am to eat lunch.
4. Make sure you are on your best behavior when we are out. You are representing the program and school.
5. Be sure to listen to all announcements that are made and follow all school rules!
6. Whatever we bring with us we must bring back! Be responsible for your own equipment (instruments, cases, sticks, mallets, mouthpieces, mutes, etc.)
The Calera Eagle Pep Band will be playing alongside the University of Montevallo Pep Band at the Montevallo Men's Basketball game today. It will be on CSTV and the game starts at 11am. Tune in to watch a great game and hear some good music!
The 2013 Eagle Marching Band Show information is on the 2013 Show Announcement tab. Go check it out!
WE NEED YOU!!!!
Our next Big fundraiser is coming up and we need to get volunteers signed up now. Thomas the Train will be April 12 – 14 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and April 20 – 21 (Saturday and Sunday). We will be working two shifts each day and the shifts will be as follows: 7:30 – 12:00 and 12:00 to 5:00. If you can volunteer to work all day then that is fine also. We will be parking cars, driving the golf carts (which are used to help folks get from the parking areas to the event) and help collect donations for parking.
If you can volunteer for a shift please contact Charity Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cindy Glass at email@example.com. When you email either one of them please include a contact information (name, phone number and email address)
The 2013 Eagle Marching Band show will be announced at 5pm on the 2013 Show Announcement Tab.
The 2013 Auxiliary Line Packets are available on the Downloadable Forms tab. Please read over it and turn it in to either Mr. Murrell, Mrs. Bone, or Mrs. Brister.
Student leadership applications are available for download on the download tab. Make sure you read over the entire form and turn it in by March 29th. Auxiliary Line members who want to audition for Captain will need to turn their form before they have their auditions.
Drum Major Camp begins tomorrow, February 12th from 3:30-4:30pm in the CHS band room.
**All of this information was given to the students this afternoon. Make sure you mark these dates down in your calendars! You can also download this information from the above link.
2013 Marching Show Announcement
· Will be announced on website February 15th at 5pm (www.caleraeagleband.com)
High School Band Music Performance Assessment
The Calera High School Symphonic Band will have their state concert band assessment on February 26th at 9:28am at Homewood High School.
· Clinic: March 1st, 4th, & 5th from 3:30-5pm
· Audition: March 6th beginning at 3:30pm
· Clinic: March 11th – 14th from 3:30-5pm
· Audition: March 15th beginning at 3:30pm
· Clinic March 25th – 28th from 3:30-5pm
· Auditions: March 29th beginning at 3:30pm
**2013-2014 Auxiliary Members/Parent Meeting: April 1st at 6:30pm (Mandatory) **
Drum Major Camp/Clinic/Auditions
· Drum Major Camps: February 12th & 27th, March 13th & 27th, April 10th
from 3:30 – 4:30pm
**Mandatory Drum Major Parent/Student Meeting:
April 4th at 6:30pm: Requirements will be given out then**
· Drum Major Clinic: April 22nd – 25th from 3:30 – 5pm
· Drum Major Auditions: April 26th beginning at 3:30pm
· Drumline Camp: March 12th & 26th, April 9th & 23rd from 3:30 – 5pm
· Auditions: April 29th beginning at 3:30pm
Middle School Band Concert
· May 2nd at 7pm in CHS Auditorium
High School Band Concert
· May 7th at 7pm in CHS Auditorium
Calera Eagle Band Awards Banquet
· May 14th at 7pm in the CHS Cafeteria